Saturday, August 24, 2013

Reclaiming Furniture Workshop

I will be doing a furniture painting workshop for the Crisp Area Arts Alliance this fall. We are planning a Saturday class. I still do not have a definite date but Miriam and I are working out the details. I will be posting pictures for inspiration.

I just wanted to give anyone who is interested some notice. This is will give you some time to locate a piece. I recommend any thing that is solid wood. Unless it is has real wood veneer on solid wood. I have done this piece and it came out great.

Look in your attic, your mother's or grandmother's house. Go to estate or yard sales. Go to Brady's and Bush's here in Cordele. I have found some great pieces there.

You will be responsible to bring and remove your piece on the day of the workshop so I would like for you to bring a small manageable piece such as end tables, small chests, etc. I will be teaching you everything you will need to know to go home and do bigger pieces.

Here is a changing table that Genie found for Livvey's room. It is a large chest but this is probably the biggest piece that we can accomplish in a day.



We found this "Ethan Allen" piece (yes it really was Ethan Allen) at a flea market in Douglas GA. The downtown there has several markets side by side that are also a great source for shopping for pieces.

If you want to change knobs, please let me know ahead of time. I will need you to do a few things before the class.

I will also try to do a piece during the workshop as well.

I am sooooo stinking excited!!!

Happy Reclaiming!

No comments:

Post a Comment