Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Reclaiming the changing table

While I am working on my master bedroom, I thought I would post projects I have done in the past year.

Here is the changing table I did for Genie in Livvey's room. We found it in Douglas GA at the downtown flea market/antique store area. If you haven't been there, it is worth the trip.

Before:



I know it looks very traditional but it had good bones. The drawers opened and closed well and some had dividers.

All I did was remove the hardware and gave it a light sanding. I use Home Depot paint. I love to use their samples for approximately $3. They have Glidden with primer and can tint it to any color. The great thing about this is the primer. That means that you really don't have to sand but I like to do a light sand on any surface that has a shine. I also love to replace the knobs and Home Depot has plenty to choose from that really make a piece.

After:

I sanded and distressed this to bring out the details and exchanged the handles for these glass knobs. But my real surprise came when I was putting the drawers back in and noticed that this is an Ethan Allen piece! We only have about $300 in this piece. I could not have found anything that looked better in Livvey's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment